Saturday, March 6, 2010

Doing/ calculating work


if i could go back in time and talk to myself about doing and calculating work i would tell myself that doing work is just moving something or applying a force to the system to make it move or to make the system do what the system is supposed to. i would also tell myself that calculating work is just like algebra. i would say that we use the formula W= FD, and that the work equals force times the displacement. i would also tell myself that if i am given a mass, i can use another formula to find the force to make the equation work.

the experiment that was helpful in understanding these concepts for me were mostly just the homework. going over the homework in class really helped me to understand how to use the formulas.

the picture of a cartoon lifting a weight also applies to the calculating. to calculate the amount of work being done, you would find out how much it weights, and then you could find how much work is being done in joules.

No comments:

Post a Comment